We offer self-defence (urban krav maga) classes and training in South London.
Thanks to its unique blend of conditioning and combatives, Urban Fit & Fearless™ is one of the top self-defence programmes in London.
"I've tried a few classes relating to defence and martial arts, but this is the first time I've come across something good!..." (read full review)
Kelly - London SE4
What are you looking for?
*All classes are run by a fully certified and insured Urban Krav Maga instructor affiliated to the British Combat Association.
"[...] I work for the ambulance service and sadly we are occasionally attacked. Last Sunday a drunk man tried to strangle me and I utilised self defense techniques taught to me by Patrice and quickly was out of his hold and restraining him until the police arrived" (read full review)
Liam - London SE23
Wondering what are the main benefits of Krav Maga training?
I could probably write a full article on that topic, but in a nutshell, here are the main benefits of self-defence training:
- Learn to protect yourself and your loved ones: Simple and
functional techniques based on leverage and quick reactions rather than
strength. Urban Krav Maga is a complete self-defence system with a strong ground-fighting
component. (learn more)
- Improve your athletic condition: Our unique programme takes full advantage of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which is the most effective way to improve cardiovascular capacity, to burn fat (thanks to the "afterburn" effect), to build lean and functional muscles, and to boost your metabolism. (learn more)
- Develop your confidence and self-esteem: Learn to channel adrenaline and to deal with aggression and confrontational situations. Develop "fight back" attitude and the ability to function in stressful situations.
- Let off steam: Benefit from the feel-good effect of intense pad-kicking and pad-punching and get rid of your daily stress with high energy/fast paced sessions.
- Have lots of fun: Come with a buddy or make one! Workouts/drills are done in pairs or groups in a friendly and supportive environment.
Not sure if it's for you?
Krav Maga was designed for soldiers who do not have lots of time to learn and practice sophisticated hand-to-hand combat techniques, as such they are simple and based on natural body moves.
Urban Krav Maga is a refined version, more adapted to civilian environment. It also put more emphasis on principles of leverage, so it is ideal for female self-defence and against bigger opponents.
See this page about the benefits of self-defence training for women.
The result is that the system is easy to assimilate regardless of your age, gender, athletic attributes, body type or Martial Art experience.
"...the way the class is designed allows people of all fitness (and coordination skills) levels to progress quite fast in techniques ..." (read full review)
Judith - London
On the conditioning side, sessions are structured on Interval Training protocols and emphasize time, rather than repetitions/sets, so they are perfectly adapted to both out-of-shape-beginners and more advanced people.
Everybody exercises at about 70% of their capacity which ensures progression regardless of your athletic level and without having to follow other students pace.
Overall, the class provides a great cardio session and a full-body workout.
Whether you're looking for the energy and social interactions of a Group Class, the tailored programme of Personal Training or the specific experience of Workshops and Seminars, we have you covered.
What have you got to lose?